Caring for All Creation
Welcome to Earth Ministry
Earth Ministry is a non-profit organization committed to engaging the Christian community in environmental stewardship. We work in partnership with individuals and congregations to respond to this great moral challenge through education, individual and congregational lifestyle choices, and organizing for social change through environmental advocacy.
While Earth Ministry is rooted in the Christian tradition, we actively engage all religious communities on climate and energy issues through Washington Interfaith Power & Light. Our programs and resources are in use across the US and Canada and available to all.
- Self-Sustaining Advent Calendar
- Celebrate Advent and Christmas with Earth Ministry while treading lightly upon the Earth!
- Washington’s Catholic Bishops call for an "exhaustive and independent review" of proposed coal export terminals
- Earth Ministry/ WAIPL worked closely with the state diocese, supporting them in their discernment and research to come out with the statement.
- Religious leaders meet with Congressman Reichert
- A group of clergy and religious leaders met with US Representative Dave Reichert to discuss the spiritual value of wilderness for the faith community and express thanks for the Congressman’s longstanding dedication to public lands.
- Totem Pole Journey Reaches Washington
- You can read in the Olympian and on EarthFix about the journey of the Lummi carvers' totem pole along the path the coal trains would take to the proposed export terminals at Longview and Cherry Point.
- Book Sale at Earth Ministry
- Earth Ministry is reducing our inventory of creation care resources! We are delighted to offer selected publications to members and friends at a deep discount this fall.
- Wesley United’s Green House of God
- Wesley United Methodist Church has gone solar. Eight solar panels have been installed on the church roof and will be dedicated Sunday. “They’re an investment and a symbol of renewal resources,” the Rev. Ron Hines said.
Young Adult Interfaith Conference
Jan 12, 2014
St. Mark’s Cathedral, 1245 Tenth Ave E Seattle, WA 98102
- The Intercommunity Peace & Justice Center invites young adults (20s and 30s) to an Interfaith conference, "Many Faiths, One Humanity: Unity in Diversity."
Interfaith Advocacy Day 2014
Jan 30, 2014
United Churches of Olympia, 110 11th Ave SE, Olympia, WA 98501
- Join Earth Ministry/WAIPL at Interfaith Advocacy Day. Participate in workshops that will break down the issues, learn about the environmental priorities for this year, get current best practices on how to advocate in today’s legislature, learn how to prepare for briefings and hearings, and join with other people of faith from your district for a meeting to speak directly with your state legislators.
Catholic Advocacy Day 2014
Feb 21, 2014
St. Michael Church, 1208 11th Ave SE, Olympia, WA 98501
- Proclaim Justice and Life for All: All parish members and staff and Catholic organizations are invited to join in Catholic Advocacy Day to ensure that the Gospel message to care for our brothers and sisters is heard in Olympia.