Winter is coming. It’s not just a catch phrase from Game of Thrones – the days have grown shorter, the weather is turning colder, and all of creation is curling in upon itself for a good long rest. As we head toward the darkest night of the year, it gives our hearts joy to remember that this season also signifies the return of the light. Just as the winter solstice coaxes the sun into slow wakefulness, Christmas brings with it the “light of the world” in the birth of Jesus Christ. Known as incarnation, this embodiment of God in the world through Jesus is a central tenant of Christianity. In this issue of Earth Letter, we explore the concept of incarnation.
- Welcome Warm by Sr. Clare Josef-Maier
- The Eye of the Beholder by Rev. Steve Grumm
- Incarnation in Red by Jessie Dye
- Creation as the Body of God by Richard Rohr, OFM
- Have Yourself a Green Little Christmas from United Church of Christ Environmental Ministries
- Member Profile – St. Alexandra Kovats
To receive Earth Letter when it is published, become a member of Earth Ministry today!