Landscaping and Grounds Care
Concern for God’s broader creation is perhaps most readily visible (especially to people passing by) in the care devoted to landscaping and yard maintenance. The space outside of your home can be a sanctuary where God’s life-giving presence may be experienced by all.
Simple Things You Can Do
- Create permeable driveways that allow rainwater to seep into the ground rather run off over an impervious surface
- Grow vegetables, either in a garden space or in pots
- Eliminate the use of chemical fertilizers that harm water, air, and wildlife
- Plant native trees and plants that conserve water, require less maintenance, and provide creature-friendly alternatives to lawns
- Create “backyard wildlife habitats”