Throughout biblical tradition, food has been a part and a representation of God’s goodness and plan for all creation. From the original provision of food in Genesis to Christ’s final sharing of the bread and wine, we read that God works in and through food. Cultivating, preparing, and sharing food are all activities that instruct us in our faith when engaged intentionally. These activities teach us about our relationship with God and others. They connect us to our world and can lead us to lives of deeper love and service. How we grow, purchase, and prepare food has the ability to either bring us closer to God, the earth, and our neighbors, or to alienate us from that which gives us strength. In this issue of Earth Letter we explore the connection between food & faith.
- The Work at Hand by Carol Flinders
- Do All to the Glory of God by Sr. Clare Josef-Maier
- The Answer is Goat Cheese by Chris Olson
- Living out Food Justice: An action guide for individuals and congregations from Earth Ministry’s Caring for All Creation: At the Table
- Urban Adamah: Living and teaching values through sustainable food production by Karin Frank
- Ti Jaden Lakay by Jessie Dye
- Member Profile – The Rev. Fletcher and Elizabeth Davis
To receive Earth Letter when it is published, become a member of Earth Ministry today!