Provides tools for teaching about the environment or rationale for the importance of environmental education
- Beyond Ecophobia: Reclaiming the Heart in Nature Education
- Author: Sobel, David. Beyond Ecophobia speaks to teachers, parents, and others interested in nurturing in children the ability to understand and care for nature. This expanded version of one of Orion Magazine's most popular articles includes descriptions of developmentally appropriate environmental education activities and a list of related children's books.
- Developing Ecological Consciousness: Path to a Sustainable World
- Author: Christopher Uhl Addressing the question, what do students need to know to become more environmentally literate and ecologically conscious?, Christopher Uhl offers an ecological, wonder-filled initiation to the universe and planet Earth. He examines ways in which people are damaging the earth and, in the process, their own bodies and spirits, then presents the essential tools necessary for both planetary and personal transformation.
- Earth in Mind, On Education, Environment, and the Human Prospect
- Author: Orr, David W. Orr focuses not on problems in education, but on the problem of education. The author begins by establishing the grounds for a debate about education and knowledge. He describes the problems of education from an ecological perspective, and challenges the "terrible simplifiers" who wish to substitute numbers for values.
- Environmental Education - Why Bother?
- This tape provides a general introduction to issues in environmental education and can be used as a discussion starter.
- Environmental Education in Primary Schools
- This film has been designed to show how we environmental education in primary schools can be expanded to develop concepts, skills and attitudes. This film portrays several classroom approaches as well as a whole school approach.
- Environmental Education in Secondary Schools
- Environmental Education has now been identified as one of five cross-curricular themes that schools have a responsibility to provide for all pupils. The film is designed to give practical help on how to plan and execute inter-departmental Environmental Education. It highlights the environment as a stimulating resource for secondary schools.
- Resources for Outdoor Retreats; Journey into Nature, Journey into the Heart
- Author: Bob Grgic. Filled with well-chosen resources to help you design your own outdoor retreats and prayer experiences. You will find clearly outlined directions, imaginative suggestions and handouts for retreatants' participation.
- Stories in the Land: A Place-based Environmental Education Anthology
- Author: John Elder. Stories in the Land is an excellent handbook for teachers who wish to explore place-based learning with their students.