Check out the lastest press releases and press clips from Earth Ministry.
The following Press Clips highlight the work of Earth Ministry or include quotes from our staff and members.
For press-related issues, please write emoffice (at) earthministry.org or call 206-632-2426.
Jan 23, 2013
- In his second inaugural address, President Barack Obama confirmed that we are commanded by God to care for the planet. “We will respond to the threat of climate change, knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations,” he said.
Apr 21, 2011
Bill endorsed by environmental community, TransAlta, labor unions“The positive Senate vote brings us one step closer to a coal-free future for Washington, in which all God’s children have clean air and water and the opportunity to earn a living wage,” said Earth Ministry/WAIPL executive director LeeAnne Beres.
Apr 11, 2011
- Bill endorsed by environmental community, TransAlta, labor unions and governor heads back to state Senate for final passage.
Jun 08, 2013Yakima Herald-Republic
- Wesley United Methodist Church has gone solar. Eight solar panels have been installed on the church roof and will be dedicated Sunday. “They’re an investment and a symbol of renewal resources,” the Rev. Ron Hines said.
Mar 24, 2013The Davis Enterprise
- Davis United Methodist Church was honored earlier this month by Earth Ministry for its environmental stewardship and status as Earth Ministry’s Greening Congregation of the Month for September 2012.
Mar 19, 2013Crosscut
- Firefighters, nurses and physicians line up for a ban on some chemicals. But opponents question whether there are better alternatives.
Nov 12, 2012The Bellingham Herald
- We know that, as people of faith, we are called by our faith to stand in protection of the health and future well-being of all God's children. The best choice we can make, as people of faith and as Washingtonians, is to stop these coal trains.