Organization: For nearly 25 years, Earth Ministry has been the statewide leader in engaging the faith community in environmental stewardship and advocacy. Our Greening Congregations Program was the first in the country to help houses of worship implement sustainable practices, and our faithful advocacy program is on the cutting edge of empowering clergy and lay leaders to speak out on public policy issues. Through education, outreach, organizing, and training, Earth Ministry builds a powerful moral constituency of people of faith taking action for the health of our communities and the environment. www.earthministry.org
Definition: Part-time staff position responsible for organizational and development support. Position will offered either as 16 hours/week (two 8-hour days) or 18 hours/week (three 6-hour days). Candidates interested in either or both configurations are encouraged to apply – please indicate preference in the cover letter.
Requirements: 1-2 years of experience in an administrative or development capacity with a non-profit organization. Strong knowledge of database systems, Word, and Excel is required. Excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle competing priorities are essential. Bachelor’s or Associate degree helpful but additional experience may substitute for education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update and oversee use of database (eTapestry), including providing database support for program, administrative, and development activities
- Design and send targeted email correspondence from within the database
- Process donations including data entry and thank you letters
- Prepare bank deposits, print deposit and credit card transaction reports, and deliver to Bookkeeper
- Support Bookkeeper with minor financial tasks as assigned by the Executive Director
- Assist Executive Director with twice-yearly fundraising appeals and major donor outreach
- Coordinate special events 2-3x/year
- Manage maintenance and updates of organization’s website and social media accounts
- Answer phones and route/respond to general office emails
- Oversee administrative responsibilities of interns and volunteers
- Implement and maintain a current record of office administrative procedures; order office supplies; manage office machines; coordinate with vendors
- Work collaboratively within a small staff and take on other duties as necessary
Salary and Benefits: $15/hour; flexibility in determining regular work schedule; and generous vacation, sick leave, family leave, and paid holidays. As a bonus, the office is closed from December 24 – January 1 and all employees receive regular pay during this time.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume as a single pdf attachment labeled First Name_Last Name to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 20, 2016. Earth Ministry is an equal opportunity employer. No calls please.